Governor Baker announced phase 2 reopening details for the Commonwealth. In Phase 2, it allows optometrists to cautiously resume all routine non-urgent procedures, including routine eye examinations. Please be patient with us as we prepare the office for our reopening and start easing patients into the office. We are going down our list of patients that we had to cancel during the shut down first. Read below for our updates and forms to be filled out PRIOR to your appointment.
When you arrive at the office:
- You will text or call us from your car in the parking lot to let us know that you are here. You can text us at 978-673-0112 or call the office at 978-681-1111. We will let you know when the waiting room is empty and we are ready to see you.
- Please wear your own mask or face covering.
- Please come by yourself to the appointment. If the patient is a child, the adult may accompany them to the appointment. You will be the only patient in the office during your entire visit so we ask that you please arrive on time and address any insurance concerns before you arrive. We have all been working hard to make our office paperless. All forms must be filled out before your appointment otherwise we will be unable to see you. No spectators are allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken with our contactless thermometer. If your temperature is above 100.4 you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
During your appointment:
- The optomap retinal imaging system is now REQUIRED during your visit in order to follow social distancing guidelines and reduce the time spent in the office. The optomap is highly recommended by Dr. Richard and is a huge benefit to your yearly eye exam. It is being offered at a temporary reduced rate during 2020. In some cases, insurance will cover this service, but it is rare. This will be handled by the Administrative staff who will be able to answer any questions you may have. If you decide to opt out of this service, you will have to schedule a separate appointment at a later date for a dilated fudus exam. This question will be asked on your form that will be filled out before your appointment.
- Please inform staff BEFORE your appointment if you are interesting in browsing for glasses – this will allow us to schedule accordingly.
- All adjustments and dispensing will need an appointment. NO walk ins are allowed at this time.
Our daily schedule has been greatly reduced and is being closely monitored so that we can adhere to all guidelines.