The doctors at Family Eye Care evaluate and treat some ocular emergencies. We know that unexpected situations happen, and we are here to provide emergency eye care services.
Emergency Eye Care Services
While some ocular emergencies require an immediate trip to the emergency room, there are many eye emergencies we are better equipped to handle because we have the equipment and technology to properly diagnose and treat eye conditions and we specialize in eye care.
If you are in the North Andover area and have sustained injuries to other parts of your body in addition to your eyes, have punctured your eye, or are otherwise bleeding from your eyes, please go to the emergency room immediately.
When Do You Need Emergency Eye Care?
Because emergency eye problems can range from mild to severe and escalate quickly, it is wise to see an eye doctor sooner rather than later in these situations. Neglecting to see an emergency eye doctor may lead to serious or potentially permanent consequences for your eyes. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, get in touch with our office right away:
- Eye discharge
- Sudden change in vision
- Foreign body in the eye such as a speck of dust, wood chip, or metal shaving
- Sudden increase in the number of floaters
- Seeing flashing lights
- Loss of vision, double vision, or blurry vision
- Irregular eye movement
- Itchy, red, or bloodshot eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eyes
Telemedicine for Emergency Eye Care
Dr Richard and Dr Jann are both medical optometrists who can diagnose and treat most ocular emergencies such as scratches and foreign body removals. If you are in need of emergency eye care, please call the office during regular business hours.
For after hour emergencies, please call Dr. Richard at 978-337-9358.
If you are experiencing an ocular emergency, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection if the problem is contagious.
- Do not attempt to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency Eye Care Services at Family Eye Care
If you suspect you need emergency eye care, do not wait. Call our office today to get the help you need from our qualified doctors.